Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Party Time, Excellent

So….as I rubbed my bleary eyes awake I realized something about True/False: they know how to party! I was warned but still not prepared for the insane late nights and social wonder of Columbia MO! I met so many great directors, fans and volunteers at these events that it made me see how important the partying really is in making the festival become a community & meet new friends & colleagues in an unstuffy, awesome way- on the dancefloor! A special shout out to the 700 (!!!) volunteers at the festival especially Megan & Chrissy who I spoke to a lot and who both, when not volunteering at the film fest, have jobs that advocate social change just as much as most of the True/False film program!



The closing night party was a bit crazy- two floors and a roof of ice cream, pizza, drinks and great company (beautiful, lacey, camp inspired set up pictured below)! Brendan’s good friend, and former bandmate, Ian Svenonius the Great (pictured, Molly also pictured-who also spun a bit!), spun soul records that got everyone dancing in the end! I don’t think the night really ended exactly as me, Mike, Holli, John, Drew & Lee Kern arrived to our hotel lobby full of people playing guitars and banjos, singing and waltzing around as a perfect closing/waking dream to a perfect event! So much fun!