Monday, February 28, 2011

You're Gonna Make it After All

I don't know how but, somehow, after the blu-ray disc of Gravity froze twice during our performance at The Walker Art Center in Minneapolis Minnesota no one walked out! Then, after we played a few songs, told a few stories (all trying to save time to fix the disc and eventually find the back up...) the crowd still seemed transfixed (even though the film stopped at sort of the most dramatic scene in the whole film)! So transfixed that most of them stayed for an (apology) encore of Hadacol Christmas! I am so proud of us! And the audience! This show was a bonding experience for everyone for sure!


Also, everytime I mentioned we were going to The Walker to art people they would swoon in a weird way I didn't understand. Now I understand! Curated with the best of taste while also creating the canon of contemporary art, The Walker is magnificent! Piece after piece of jaw dropping work, to almost the point of being overwhelmed, left me filled with memories of Oldenburg  plush and Sol LeWitt lines! I even saw Derek Jarman's  Blue, a film showing a plain blue screen over the sounds and stories of a dieing man- the single most captivating thing I've seen in experimental film ever- just stunning. The building, the snowy grounds, the swarms of crowds all added up to be a lovely museum going experience... and the gift shop....THE GIFT SHOP !!! Officially swooning! (Please note my reflection in these photos because they were taken indoors looking out thanks to the 1degree temperature! What?!? One Degree?!?!)