Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Exhibitionist

I look like I was attacked by a wild animal. Why, you ask? Because I spent the last few days mostly dragging broken shingles from the yard to a dumpster which has resulted in some gnarly cuts pretty much everywhere on my body! Who knew art was this hard? The heat isn't helping either. Or the swarms of bees. I have no idea if these diagrams I am making of what we are taking down will even help...hopefully they will! I thought it was a good idea after I remembered the first annual Art Handler Olympics that took place at Ramiken Crucible (an art space in NY that a friend of mine is a big part of) and included an event where teams of art handlers were given a pile of junk and told to realize the artists vision with it! I figure the least I can do is provide a little guidance on how to rebuild our town? Now to tend to my swelling, post art handling finger...hmm.