Thursday, February 18, 2010

bulbous


Brent doesn't really like lighting. Or should I say he loves lighting but just very little of it. I can't begin to tell you how many hours of my life I have spent trying to find the perfect dim bulb for this art project or that. The worst time was when we were setting up the Gravity booth for Miami and a Brent made sculpture with VERY specific bulbs got knocked over sending me on a wild goose chase throughout southern Florida looking for "antique style edison bulbs" in the land of neon. Eventually the nicest woman in the world, I think her name was Tatiana and I've been searching for her card to write her the thank you she deserves, at a specialty lighting store said "I think I know what you mean." She actually took down the bulbs in the store that were for functioning usage, not even for sale! Thank goodness for her! Despite Brent's urges to turn off all the lights Gravity does have some pretty wonderful in camera bulbs, the film still above shows some of them quite nicely I think! I'll write more about lighting later since it's a current obsession of mine after getting used to having these stage lights we are borrowing for the film hanging around- they make everything instantly feel like old Busby Berkeley Hollywood! Be careful Brent, I'm gonna make a musical in the yard next!